3 Methods to increase Business Value
This post is from LeanAgileTraining by Joe Little. Click here to see the original post in full.
Yesterday I enjoyed talking to Southern Fried Agile, the local one-day agile conference. My topic was this: Three steps toward greater business value.
I was also pleased to see that many participants said they wanted to talk about this subject. So much so that the organizers decided to run the session twice. I am happy that this is considered an important subject. Certainly I think it is.
Some things we already do in Scrum to increase Business Value (or should do):
- Better partnership between Business and Technology
- Improve the Product Owner (and give him or her this job)
- Use a prioritized Product Backlog
- Order the Product Backlog to maximize the release of Business Value (over your chosen time frame)
- Build working product each sprint (if we get cut short, at least we can field what we have so far)
- Demo working product and get feedback from business stakeholders each sprint. Ex: “Did we build for you the most value stuff this sprint?”
- Release...read more
Leave a Reply