Agile Scaling Model (ASM) White Paper
This post is from [email protected]: Strategies for Scaling Agile Software Development by ScottAmbler. Click here to see the original post in full.
- It provides and explains a definition for disciplined agile delivery.
- It describes criteria to determine is a team is agile.
- It describes the ASM, which distinguishes between core agile development techniques, disciplined agile delivery strategies, and agility at scale.
- It overviews the eight scaling factors which a delivery team may face, scaling factors which motivate changes in the process that you will follow and the tools that you will adopt.
- It describes the implications of the ASM.
- It argues that you should strive to be as agile as you need to be, and that will be driven by the situation that you face.
I hope you find the white paper interesting.
In early 2010 a follow up white paper for executives will be published, and then following that a white paper going into the detailed implications of agility at scale. Please stay tuned for further announcements.