UAT Definition & Guidance
To help understand UAT, I have put together the following pointers on definition and guidance:
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) marks the transition of functional ownership from Systest to the Business users. The responsibility for UAT resides with the business; however the management and coordination of the process will reside with Test Co-ordinator.
The objective of UAT is to give the business confidence that the development sofwate addresses the specified business requirements and is fit for business purpose. Unlike the other test stages, acceptance testing does not set out to find faults as these should have been identified and resolved in the preceding stages of testing.
The acceptance testers will dictate the test coverage objective, however it is likely to be assessed against the following:-
- Have all the Acceptance Test confirmations been demonstrated?
- Has each business function been run at least once?
- Have all new reports and screens been seen?
- Have all menu options been exercised?
- Have we built the right system?
- Have we built the system right?